If you are interested in talking about your job to third, fourth and fifth graders please sign up for a Career Cafe by clicking this link. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4ba4ab2fa3f94-career.
Alice West Fleet Elementary School’s Counseling Program
The mission of the counseling department at Alice West Fleet Elementary School is to provide a comprehensive and multicultural program to enhance the personal/social, academic, and career development of all students.
The goal is to assist students in acquiring the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and the ability to adapt to an ever changing society. The ultimate objective is to encourage students to do their personal best today and every day.
The counseling department supports the development of self-confidence and awareness, conflict resolution skills, responsible citizenship, student advocacy, self-expression and control; thereby enabling students to become positive members of the community.
Alice West Fleet Elementary School believes the school counseling program is an integral part of successfully supporting the education and development of the whole child. Fleet’s comprehensive counseling program is based on the belief that academic, career, and personal/social development can be enhanced for all students through participation in counseling activities. The counselor collaborates with staff to implement program services and achieve the counseling department’s mission. Counseling initiatives are developmentally appropriate and support students through suitable sequences of learning.
Alice West Fleet Elementary’s School Counseling Program will provide:
- A comprehensive school counseling program that supports diverse needs and advocates for the best interest of every student
- A data-driven, results-oriented and collaborative approach to service/program delivery
- Programs from the counseling department that are evaluated for program effectiveness through various assessments (completed by students, staff, and parents)
- A full-time counselor devoted to efficient and productive program implementation: classroom guidance, small group work, individual counseling support, consultation, and program coordination
- Specific focus on preventing, identifying, and intervening early for at risk students
All school counselors will:
- Abide by the ethical responsibilities of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Arlington Public Schools, and the American School Counselor Association
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and participate in professional development to maintain a high quality counseling program
It is our vision that all students at Alice West Fleet Elementary School can learn in a quality educational environment that promotes academic excellence, social responsibility and emotional well-being. We foster a collaborative learning environment that includes all modes of communication in an integrated and accepting learning setting. We work to support the personal growth and academic achievement of all students from a multitude of culturally diverse backgrounds, in hopes that every child will have a positive sense of self, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and knowledge necessary to be productive citizens. We strive to collaborate with parents, teachers and the community to meet all students’ needs. We shall build lifelong skills to prepare our students for success.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
See link below for more information on how to keep our school bully free.
Bully Prevention in APS