If you are interested in talking about your job to third, fourth and fifth graders please sign up for a Career Cafe by clicking this link. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4ba4ab2fa3f94-career.
Alice West Fleet Elementary School’s Counseling Program
The Alice West Fleet counseling department supports the mission of Arlington County Public Schools and the mission of Alice West Fleet. The mission of Fleet’s counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, equitable and multicultural program to foster a culture of respect and success for all students. We assist students in acquiring the mindsets and behaviors that contribute to effective learning in school and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing society. Our program provides equitable access so all our students experience success and strive towards achieving their personal best. Counseling department interventions support the development of self-confidence, conflict resolution skills, emotional regulation, responsible citizenship, self- advocacy, self-expression and self-control within a culture of respect and high expectations for all. Our annually evaluated and data-driven program enables all students to experience success and become positive members of a school community they experience as safe and welcoming.
Alice West Fleet Elementary School believes the school counseling program is an integral part of successfully supporting the education and development of the whole child. Fleet’s comprehensive counseling program is based on the belief that academic, career, and personal/social development can be enhanced for all students through participation in counseling activities. The counselor collaborates with staff to implement program services and achieve the counseling department’s mission. Counseling initiatives are developmentally appropriate and support students through suitable sequences of learning.
Alice West Fleet Elementary’s School Counseling Program will provide:
- A comprehensive school counseling program that supports diverse needs and advocates for the best interest of every student
- A data-driven, results-oriented and collaborative approach to service/program delivery
- Programs from the counseling department that are evaluated for program effectiveness through various assessments (completed by students, staff, and parents)
- A full-time counselor devoted to efficient and productive program implementation: classroom guidance, small group work, individual counseling support, consultation, and program coordination
- Specific focus on preventing, identifying, and intervening early for at risk students
All school counselors will:
- Abide by the ethical responsibilities of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Arlington Public Schools, and the American School Counselor Association
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and participate in professional development to maintain a high quality counseling program
The vision is Alice West Fleet’s comprehensive school counseling program is that all students will reach their full potential as friends, scholars, workers and citizens. As global citizens our graduates will be equipped to engage and celebrate those who are different from them. Fleet’s graduates are confident, resilient and equipped to make positive contributions as problem solvers and life-long learners creating their futures.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
See link below for more information on how to keep our school bully free.
Bully Prevention in APS